We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Campaign Manager in Housing to join Grounded Community Land Trust Advocacy (NGO). As an advocacy expert, you will play a pivotal role in advancing our mission to promote affordable and sustainable housing solutions for vulnerable populations. You will be responsible for designing and implementing strategic advocacy campaigns, utilising your expertise in communications, political acumen, and policy analysis.
This is a contract-based position, allowing you to work remotely and contribute to our organisation on a flexible schedule.
- Communications: Craft persuasive messages, speeches, press releases, and social media content to effectively convey the organisation’s positions and objectives to diverse audiences.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including policymakers, government officials, community leaders, and partner organisations, to foster collaboration and support for the organisation’s housing initiatives.
- Political Acumen: Monitor legislative and political developments related to housing policies, identifying opportunities for engagement, strategic alliances, and influencing decision-makers.
- Campaign Design: Develop innovative and impactful advocacy campaigns focused on housing issues, aimed at influencing public opinion, policymakers, and other stakeholders.
- Coalition Building: Facilitate the formation of coalitions and partnerships with like-minded organisations, working collectively to amplify advocacy efforts and achieve common goals.
- Evaluation and Reporting: Monitor and evaluate the impact of advocacy initiatives, tracking key performance indicators and preparing reports to assess the effectiveness of campaigns and inform future strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages for diverse audiences.
- Strong political acumen and understanding of the legislative and policymaking processes, including the ability to navigate complex political environments.
- Demonstrated expertise in policy analysis and the ability to translate complex issues into clear and concise recommendations.
- Proficiency in building relationships and effectively engaging with a wide range of stakeholders, including government officials, policymakers, community leaders, and partner organisations.
- A passion for social justice and a deep commitment to advancing affordable and sustainable housing solutions.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a remote work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (such as public policy, political science, or social sciences) is preferred but not mandatory.
NICE TO HAVE
- Proven experience in designing and implementing successful advocacy campaigns, preferably in the field of housing or related social justice issues.
- Social media following
- Media network
- A celebrity friend willing to speak about affordability. And or Billionaire Buddies!
If you are a strategic thinker, a skilled communicator, and a dedicated advocate for housing justice, we invite you to apply for this position. Join our team and contribute to making a positive impact in the lives of individuals and communities affected by housing challenges.
There’s never been a better time to enact housing change.
See the full application details, including job description.
Due August 8th.